Wednesday 1 February 2017

When Letting Go is Hard to Do... [Reiki Blog Hop]


 
It's funny how I always seem to adopt a different tone when I do this blog hop compared to the Tarot Blog Hop it's not that I don't treat it seriously because believe me I do, I just have a completely different approach to tarot, maybe because I have worked with it so long, we've got to a point where I give just as much attitude as I get from the 100+ decks I have in my collection. There again maybe its just with Reiki, I live within the possibilities of endless wonder.
 
This month our reiki cat herder and resident wrangler Joy, has brought up the topic of letting go and to be fair, I almost let go of the drink in my mouth upon reading the topic. I believe my actual comment was something along the lines of "...gees have you guys been scrying in your coffee and seeing my life this last two weeks??? I have a novel waiting for this one... followed later with something like "...seriously I think I have now reach my fifth volume for this post... in all fairness to this post, we're looking at a sixth volume at this point.
 
I chose to let go of some of my weight I had been carrying, I chose to let to of just being engaged and entered into an unconventional but completely legal marriage... twice... I chose to let go of who I believed myself to be and in the process of a full weekend discovered who I actually was, I have been placed into a position where I have had to let go of a pedestal and discover the heart (and to an extent soul) of a person that I had a lot of respect for and I have also chosen to let go of inherited ancestral baggage as well as help other let go of theirs.




There is no doubt in my mind though that I still have work to do, the process of letting go, this shedding continues throughout life, it doesn't just suddenly stop one day. One of the most liberating things you can ever do is to surrender to the natural flow of reiki, its not like science, it's not a text book method or a one-size fits all; yes! Reiki, is Reiki, is and always will be Reiki, no matter how much window dressing like words, symbols or mystical babble that gets created, at the end of the day it comes back to the fact its Reiki.  
When you really look into Reiki, its history, its cultural heritage and even the language and philosophy of it; there is at the core of it, one blissful reality; Reiki is simple. Regardless of which history you read there is a point where the symbols, their meaning, their origins and purpose are discussed. Depending on which history you read will affect how you relate to the symbols and their function, meaning, origin and also purpose both functionally and beyond that function.


 

The most common one I find difficulty with is the traditional Kanji, there is really odd debate about it not being correct and yet this is the one that actually defines Reiki at its most traditional, because it is the one that Usui-Sensei taught (allegedly just to be safe and not cause that much offense). My main sense about this is that as soon as it was brought over into the Western world, because there is so much mis-information and dis-trust between East and West, those that chose to bring it here (regardless of reasons) they decided to make it palatable for us so took out any spiritual or mystic reference and created what is mostly out there today.
 
However, as tourism and curiosity about other cultures took hold, we started to become more inquisitive and now we have more information than we really know what to do with, so where do you let go and just forge your own path? This is exactly the point that I am at; 2016 has been a phenomenal year of transformation for me. It has also been an almost full circle too; recently I charted my progress in terms of my certificated knowledge, meaning the colleges, universities and also masters and courses that I have done throughout my life. I am tempted to forego the laborious process of writing them all out, but no! At least not this time, this is about letting go and that can be seen in two ways, the release of the bad but also the releasing of knowledge, and information and let's face it; how much do you really know about me?
 

Not that much I would imagine; Since 1998 I have studied: Media Skills, Hairdressing, Communications, Computing, Crystal Therapy, Character Analysis, Parapsychology, Numerology, Journal Therapy, Psychology of Self, Dream Analysis, Meditation Teacher, Tarot Card & Cartomancy, Counselling Skills, Spiritual Healing, Creative Writing, Wicca, Usui Reiki Level I, II and Masters, Angelic Reiki Practitioners, Masters and Teachers, Astrology, Angel Healing, Kundalini Reiki, Karuna Reiki, Gold Reiki, Shamballa MDH Reiki and I'm also studying Massage Diploma, Advance Crystal Healing and Chinese Massage & Accupressure.
 
The interesting thing about this year is while I am happy to have typed all of that out, I also release it; I have an entire alphabet after my name these days, but they aren't me, they are what shaped me. I build my own computers, design a lot of my own logo/graphics - although admittedly these ones I am using are a gift from a friend good friend of mine - this year I have also learnt about de-armouring work, ancestral healing and I have also learnt a very valuable lesson about hero-worship and pedestals.
 
Throughout my reiki journey, I have heard the same message over and over again, 'there is enough room for reiki practitioners, we're all one big family, there is no competition, we all help each other...' Let that one go! It's said by those who are in a position where they have a stable client base and been in business for a while. They've got nothing to be concerned about and further they really don't see anyone they are teaching as a threat, they also have another part to their business and Reiki is just apart of it. Since branching off into different areas of Reiki, I truly didn't see there was any dark side to it, until I stopped looking at things from the higher side perspective.
 
You see when you take it into the physical, factor in living, money and running a business; it is highly competitive and there is no big Reiki family, in the past month alone I have been called uncaring, I have been told that the only reason I am even contemplating some of my business ideas is because I am coming from a place of ego, money or stealing students. It's not in my nature to be any of those things, so it says more about the person saying this than me.
 
While I care about what is said about me, I also know that I am not that person being described; it is a view point coming from where that person is in their life. However it makes me realise that I have that skill set and I know that I am able to do that work, facilitate and bring new practitioners of Reiki, any Reiki into awakening and maybe its time to just stop trying to living within this world, where people and reiki are meant to be at a higher vibration, to be awakened in their own way; its clear to me that many are only coming from their own place, and at some point they have stopped being present and in their bodies to hear the message that is being broadcast within the silence.
 
"Reiki is Simple" "Reiki is Light!" "Reiki is Perfect Love!" This energy is a mirror, its a guide and it is a gift. Every person that has ever done Reiki, has been given an amazing gift, its set them on their pathway, from Shaman, Witch, Master, Practitioner, Facilitator, Devi/Deva and all the inbetweens. Reiki holds up a mirror, and says look at where you are, where you need to be and where you want to go... Reiki is Reiki is Reiki... and sometimes you just really need to let go of who you think you are, where you think you are and what you believe you are and simply be...
 
Thanks for stopping by this months entry on the Reiki blog hop. Please feel free to leave me a comment on here or on Facebook if you have trouble with my comments page.


No comments:

Post a Comment