Wednesday 1 February 2017

A Wrong Turn at Delphi... [Tarot Blog Hop]



 
... That's when you know it's time surrender to the flow ...
I keep thinking to myself, it's fine; in fact it is perfect, everything will work out and here I am on the day of the blog hop and I am running late. Not intentionally though, its a technological thing (yet again)... I have this love/hate relationship with technology, when it works, it works amazingly and when it doesn't... Well you've heard what happened to the dinosaurs.

Whether you are familiar with blog hopping, blogging or if you are just joining in for the first time, then welcome to the chaos that is my contribution to this month. A hop if you are not familiar with this; it is a group of writers and bloggers coming together on a singular subject and exploring it from their point of view; we then link to one anothers blog (albeit earlier than originally planned) and thus the hop is birthed (prematurely and late birth for this one... wyrd huh?).

This was meant to be about the Aces, but I swear the Oh Gods of Technology and the Delphi Oracles, have other plans for this one, and yet even as I sit here and allow the flow to just take over, I get the sense of the Aces playing their part. However they're not playing an active role in this, they're on the side lines so to speak, sheltered by everything else. The rest of the suits and the major cards as well are forefront again playing the part of the protector.   When you have the Aces present, what do they make you think about, for me the directions and the quarters.

Now here is where it all goes chaotic, which one belongs where? For me Wood burns, therefore The Ace of Clubs would be Fire, A Sword cuts Air, therefore for the Ace of Swords would be Air, Pentacles, are metalic and made of earthly materials and so the Ace of Pentacles (Coins in some decks) would be Earth, leaving the Cups, holding water so therefore the Ace of Cups would be Water.   I would argue that this makes absolute perfect sense, I would say that my understanding is right; but then I would. It can be argued that Swords represent Fire, Batons/Clubs represent Air and the other two would be fine as they are, but then this argument would be right, I would be wrong and so would my understanding, but then it would be right... and so would I. It depends on how you came into Tarot, it depends on where you learnt those skills; neither one is wrong, just as neither one is absolutely right.

Recently there has been a spate of click-bate, misinformation, fake-news and 'alternative facts' it's about separation and fear; it's about who controls who, and it's about placing us where others feel we need to be placed and ultimately it comes down to power. I have tried several times to ride the currents of the collective and get a sense of where things are going but I swear I keep taking a wrong turn at Delphi, I keep sensing the Ten's of each Suit, doing a Wheel of Fortuna and sending me back to the start again.   That's when I started to realise that I just need to stop, it's when you start ending up back at where you started that you know its time to surrender to the flow. Simply let the eddies and the current take you where is needed, not where is wanted. It's the only way to be...

  So yeah this has been my blog hop experience, don't forget to leave me a comment (even if it does say about time or better later than never)...


 

No comments:

Post a Comment